Participate and return home with solutions:
This International Master Class will on the one hand bring together laboratory personnel who are responsible for the implementation, maintenance, improvement and operation of the laboratory management system, with experienced international trainers and representatives of an accreditation body. They will discuss and most importantly investigate how to apply the revised international standard ISO/IEC 17025.
The focus of this three-day event will be the practical application of the new standard. The intention is to have a very interactive course, with problem based learning. Participants will leave with knowledge and skills to get from theory into practical application and to discover the most cost effective way to adapt the standard to their organisation. They will also have an opportunity to discuss with the trainers and peers on their very specific issues they are struggling with.
Who should attend?
- Laboratory personnel who participate in the operation of the laboratory management system
- Laboratory assessors and internal auditors
- Laboratory consultant
Familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
This course strongly emphases practical application of theoretical concepts (risk-based thinking, competence orientation, process approach, decision rules etc.). To achieve this, theoretical parts of the course will be accompanied by interactivity, group assignments and discussions.
- Key changes in ISO/IEC 17025
- Impartiality and confidentiality
- Risk-based thinking
- Reporting statements of conformity & decision rules
- Other ISO/IEC 17025 requirements that require attention
- Transition to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 – view of accreditation bodies
At the end of this master class, you will be able to
- SET UP a plan of what to undertake inside your organisation in the next two years
- INTERPRET the changes needed to manage the transition purpose of your laboratory management system
- IMPLEMENT risk-based thinking to achieve effectiveness of your laboratories’ activities
- ESTABLISH metrics to apply performance-based requirements of the new standard
- PREPARE a strategy for your next accreditation assessment